Shared via TWISTED | Original URL – http://twistedfood.co.uk/volcano-potatoes/
Southerners like our taters! But, have you tried a jacketed potato, stuffed with all the fixin’s?
What You’ll Need:
- 2 Jacket Potatoes
- Red Leicester, cut into fat, chunky sticks
- 6 rashers of streaky bacon
- 100ml Sour cream
- 50ml Hot sauce
- Spring onions, diced
How You Make It:
- Wrap your potatoes in foil and bake for 25 minutes at 220ºC/430ºF.
- Leave to cool slightly, unwrap and cut the top and bottom off the potato.
- Hollow out the potatoes, leaving a little potato at the bottom to hold in the molten lava.
- Stick in a huge chunks of cheese, ensuring that the stick towers 1cm or so above the top of the volcano.
- Wrap 3 rashers of bacon around each potato, and stick in some toothpicks to hold the bacon in place while it bakes.
- Pop them down on a tray and bake for 30 minutes at 200ºC/400ºF. Bring out, glaze with bbq sauce, then return to the oven for a further 10 minutes.
- Mix together the sour cream and hot sauce, dollop on top of the volcanoes and sprinkle over a little spring onion.
- Don’t burn yourself!