If you’ve been to Silver Dollar City near Branson, MO, you’re well acquainted with the aromas of amazing food.
One of our favorites is the Southwestern Chicken Skillet that screams taste, and not to harsh on the diet. Here’s the recipe originally created by Recipes from our Daily Bread.
- Three chicken breast, cut into small pieces
- One – 15 ounce can black beans, drained
- One – 15 ounce can corn, drained
- Cooked rice (I cooked 1 cup of rice and used all of it.)
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese OR Cheddar cheese
- Two tablespoons Paul Prudhomme’s Fajita seasoning
- Two tablespoons of vegetable oil
- Cook one cup uncooked rice according to the package.
- Cut up the chicken breast into small bite size pieces.
- Heat the vegetable oil and add the chicken pieces.
- Sprinkle the chicken with seasoning.
- Cook chicken until done about 5 minutes depending on the size of your chicken pieces.
- Add the cooked rice, black beans, corn, and cheese.
- Stir everything together and serve.