On Monday evening, April 15, at 7 p.m., members of the Scott County Quorum Court met in regular session.
After being called to order, members approved the minutes of the March meeting. Judge James Forbes offered the public for comment following that
“Senator John Boozman’s people are coming and we are
Judge Forbes gave estimates on the roof for both the library and Frost Oil. Together those totaled $30,000 plus. “I would like to get both of them done,” stated Forbes.
At 7:05 p.m., Judge Forbes recommended the court go into executive session to discuss personnel issues. Upon reconvening at 7:45 p.m., Forbes expressed his appreciation to the Quorum Court members for their patience on handling the resignation of both the county coroner and deputy coroner. –See related story
Next, Randy Shores gave the Sheriff’s Office report. During the month of March, 107 people were held at the Scott County detention center. Twenty-two of those were women.
- 72 detainees were held for the Scott County Sheriff’s Department for a total of 897 days.
- 31 detainees were held for the Waldron Police Department for a total of 98 days.
- Two detainees were held for the Marshal’s Service for a total of 62 days.
- Two ADC 309 were held for a total of 62 days.
- Three inmates were sentenced to ADC (Arkansas Department of Corrections)
- One inmate was sentenced to ACC (Arkansas Community Corrections)
The department executed a total of nine felony warrants, 10 misdemeanor warrants, served 32 civil papers, issued 15 tickets, three DWIs, worked 10 criminal cases, five accidents, and had 33 offense and seven incident
After settling items of old and new business, including appropriations and