By Tammy Moore Teague
RKids Corner is a community hub for all types of kid and family-friendly events and activities in the Waldron, Mansfield, Huntington, Hartford and Hackett areas. We welcome your submissions and suggestions! Please feel free to submit them –HERE
- Waldron, AR Junior Rodeo, Ragsdale Arena, September 28 and 29 at 7 p.m.
- 7th Annual Bluegrass Festival, Saturday, September 29 at Mansfield City Lake Park.
- Bill Cooper’s Safe Kids, presented by the United States Marshall’s Museum, October 2, from 4-8 p.m. at Harry E. Kelley Park in Ft. Smith -Free admission and food.
- Movie in the Park, October 12 at 7 p.m., 707 Featherhill Road in Lavaca. Free admission- showing “Hocus Pocus.”
- Autumn Fest at Dayton 2229 E. 252, Huntington. Saturday, October 13 from 4-8 p.m.
- Barling Cruise Night Concert, Friday, October 19. Barling Cruise Night and Car Show, Saturday October 20.
- Hartford Fall Festival, October 20, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. at Alexander Park.
- Waldron Elementary School Fall Festival, October 20
- Lavaca Berry Festival, Saturday October 27 from 9 a.m-4 p.m. at the County Baseball Fields on Featherhill Road, East of Lavaca.
- Trick or Treat on Main, Waldron, October 31.
- Movie in the Park, November 9 at 7 p.m., 707 Featherhill Road in Lavaca. Free admission- showing “Gremlins.”
- City of Mansfield Christmas Parade, Saturday December 1. Time is TBA
- Movie in the Park, December 14 at 7 p.m., 707 Featherhill Road in Lavaca. Free admission- showing “Elf.”
- River Valley Animal Hospital in Barling is hosting a kid’s coloring contest to benefit the Charleston Dog Shelter. The event will begin December 1-31. $1 entry for the coloring sheet. The winner will be announced January 1, and will win a gift basket worth over $100.