The Mansfield School Board met on Monday evening, May 20 at 6 p.m. Resignations and new hires dominated most of the night. Among those, the resignation of Superintendent Robert Ross.
“I feel honored to be a part of such a great district,” commended Ross. “I will be more than happy to help with the transition…For family reasons, it’s time for me to do something different. It’s been a pretty good ride.”
Ross has been with the Mansfield School District for the past 8 years. Ross’ last day will be June 30, 2019.
Additional resignations included:
- Chasity Spicer
- Shaina Stubblefield
- Ashley Wilson
- Bryan McKay
- Dustin Payne
The board approved the motion to hire an additional dishwasher at the middle school. Also, they approved the following new hires:
- Assistant Football Coach/Teacher – Landon Dover
- Teacher/Baseball Coach – Layton Robinson
- Elementary Paraprofessional – Jordan Martin
- Middle School Paraprofessional – Amanda Wilson
- Elementary/High School Choir – Kimberly Boyd
- Teacher – Nerinda Elliott
- Teacher – Sarah Key
- Teacher – Laurie Lamb
The board is set to begin their search for Ross’ replacement.