We appreciate them each and every day. They have one of the most dangerous jobs imaginable, yet they get up and show up each and every day to protect and serve their community. Today, January 9, 2020, National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day, we celebrate you.
The holiday, which was founded in 2015, allows citizens to show their support and give encouragement to law enforcement officials. There are a number of ways in which you can participate:
- Change your profile picture on your social media to the .jpg provided by C.O.P.S.
- Wear blue clothing in support of law enforcement.
- Send a card of support to your local department or state agency.
- Share a story about a positive law enforcement experience on social media.
- Ask children in your community to write letters in support of law enforcement.
- Participate in Project Blue Light and display your blue light in support of law enforcement.
- Most importantly, if you see a police officer, thank a police officer!
To each and every one of you, we say thank you. Thank you for all the selfless service and sacrifice!