The Sebastian County Senior Centers, including the one in Mansfield, Greenwood and Hartford will be closed beginning Thursday, March 19 for two weeks.
SRCA Executive Director Deanna Rice said “The Sebastian Retired Citizens Association, Inc. is doing all we can to keep our patrons and staff safe, however we have had to make some difficult decisions regarding our Senior Centers in Sebastian County, and with that being said, here is our plan going forward these next few weeks.” Rice noted that another decision will be made on March 31, 2020.
- Buildings will be closed to the public – only staff will be allowed into the facilities
- Suspending all socialization services
- Suspending all congregate site services
- Suspending all transportation (as in social trips)
SRCA will continue to provide:
- Home delivered meals
- Transportation to grocery store and pharmacies. Non-essential transportation will not be conducted (to be determined by director.) If a patron is ill and running a fever then the patron WILL NOT be transported.
The congregate meal clients that are truly in need of a meal will be able to use curbside service for pick up meals. This service will start on Thursday, March 19, 2020 in all Sebastian County Senior Centers. The curbside service will be offered from 11:30 a.m.-12:15 p.m. during normal lunch service times.
“I am asking that if you are planning on doing curbside, you call the day before so that we may prepare enough food to hand out to our elderly patrons,” added Rice.
Contact numbers for senior centers in our area:
Barling Senior Center 479-452-1187
Lavaca Senior Center 479-647-5577
Betty Wilkinson Senior Center 479-996-6581
Mansfield Senior Center 479-928-4429
Hartford/Midland Senior Center 479-639-2816
“We will continue to make announcements as information becomes available. Please don’t hesitate to contact myself or any of the senior center directors for any concerns, questions, or needs. We truly love our patrons and care about their well-being,” Rice concluded.